Our client is the industry leader in the manufacture of industrial fabrics and composite materials and seek a Quality Engineer. This Quality Engineer role will be based at their Cambridgeshire UK manufacturing facility. As the Quality Engineer you will provide quality leadership and expertise across all areas of the business through planning, investigation, project management and pro-active quality improvement activity.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
* Undertake investigations, quality projects and data/statistical analysis exercises for the department to support customer and business initiatives and quality improvement.
* Contribute effectively in cross-functional quality improvement activity.
* Contribute/lead as appropriate continuous improvement and site specific quality projects.
* Support and upgrade quality system and process reviews to ensure site QMS is robust and opportunities for improvement are addressed.
* Become familiar with in house software systems, global and local, used to support QC and QA with a view to assisting with problem resolution both internally and externally.
* Become pro-actively involved in any requested audit programmes/assessments, both internal and external.
* Contribute to customer / statutory audits by representing the Quality Assurance Department
* As appropriate, contribute toward customer specification reviews, including the creating and maintenance of relevant procedures as appropriate.
* Understand and support the maintenance of site AX2012, Pilgrim and Velocity systems for customer specification requirements and internal documentation systems.
* Undertake all quality activity in compliance with all relevant customer/material specifications, quality standards and health, safety & environmental (HSE) requirements.
* Champion ancillary tasks (including 5S / FOD, LEAN, continuous improvement, etc.) in support of the day-to-day running of the Quality Department.
* Implement full internal audit programme to ensure continuous improvement of the site
* Plan for and conducting management reviews for senior level management.
* Managing Production Quality to ensure continuous improvement of products and services and reduction of PPM, warranty and scrap costs
* Budgets responsibility for quality functions.
* Develop and drive strategic and tactical improvement. Liaison directly with internal / external customers, suppliers and regulatory bodies.
Quality Engineer Qualifications and Experience Required:
* Degree level in a scientific or engineering field or be able to demonstrate relevant experience
* Understanding of the complexities and challenges within the composites industry
* Relevant experience of working in a senior/managerial position within a Quality Department.
* Relevant understanding of the working interface between globally linked sites and subsequent work experience within this environment.
* Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SPC techniques, Statistics, Minitab or other similar statistical packages.
* Demonstrable experience of using Q-pulse/Pilgrim, AX2012, LIMS or other laboratory based data base management system would be desirable.
* An understanding of quality standards, primarily AS9100 (& ISO9001) and awareness of NADCAP.
Role: Quality Engineer
Pay Rate: £Comp
Package: up to 10% Bonus , Flexi-hours, 25 days holiday, enhanced pensions scheme, on site canteen, free parking, various company benefits
Job Type: Monday - Friday, Permanent role
Industry: Aerospace / Composites / Automotive / Paints
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Contact: Gareth Emmett
- Phone: 01483 548804
- Reference: BBBH5996
- Updated: 17th May 2019
- Expires: 14th June 2019