A leading manufacturing company are currently seeking Production Technicians to join them at their new state-of-the-art site in Redhill. Your role will be to manufacture fuel cells, keeping to quality and production plans. Ideally you will have previous experience in a manufacturing, production or assembly based role, but those willing to be trained will also be considered. Due to the location, it is essential that you drive and have your own vehicle. This is a shift based opportunity.
Please note this role operates on a rotating early/late shift:
* Early and late shift (weekly rotating, two-shift pattern of 6.00am to 2.00pm and 1.45pm to 10.00pm with 60 minutes' break time during each shift)
Salary: £19,640 + 20% shift allowance
Production Technician Responsibilities:
* Follow work instructions to manufacture fuel cells within the manufacturing department to quality and production plans, to include accurate weighing and recording of data, operating process equipment and completing in-process checks.
* Carry out visual inspection of fuel cells against quality standards and record data.
* Perform all quality control actions as identified on the control plans.
* Inform the line manager of any non-conformances with the process or product and take the necessary actions as indicated on the control plan.
* Maintain adequate stocks of raw materials to complete the required processes and report any shortages.
* Work with R&D and Engineering personnel in continuous improvement activities.
* Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are observed.
* Keep the work area clean and tidy at all times.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
As all training will be provided, it is most important that you are committed to joining a growing team and contributing to the development of a hugely exciting product.
* Strong timekeeping skills
* Reliable and committed worker
* Previous experience in a manufacturing/production/assembly role OR experience working in a process driven environment
* Basic engineering/scientific/chemical/manufacturing process skills.
* Previous experience as a Laboratory Technician, ie solution-making, small batch-making etc
* Experience of working in controlled areas eg GMP, clean room
* Previous quality control measurement and reporting experience
* Basic IT skills.
* Evidence of numeracy and literacy skills
* An understanding of ISO9001.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
Due the location of this site and the shift nature of the role, it is essential that you can drive and have your own transport.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 60451
- Posted: 16th May 2019
- Expires: 13th June 2019