We are currently looking for a Assistant Research Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences Microbiology Research Organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Assistant Research Scientist you will be responsible for the characterisation of novel bacterial isolates and support method development and optimisation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Assistant Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will carry out characterisation of novel bacterial isolates and test their suitability for use as bacterial therapeutics.
2. You will use techniques such as PCR and run high throughput screening assays.
3. As the Assistant research scientist you will be responsible for designing, executing and documenting experimental activities.
4. You will also prepare and maintain bacterial cell banks.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Assistant Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Microbiology or a related discipline and a number of years of experience in a Microbiology lab.
2. Proven industry experience carrying out PCR and working with bacterial strains is essential to your application.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with anaerobic bacteria would be beneficial to your application.
Key Words: Microbiology | Research | Bacteria | Therapeutics | Assay Development | PCR | Graduate | Scientist |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Emily Davidson
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5631431
- Posted: 7th May 2019
- Expires: 4th June 2019