Asad Karim at CK Science is recruiting for a Research Scientist and/ or a Senior Scientist role to join a leading biotechnology group focused on the developing and commercialising tools for epigenetic analysis at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis. The role requires expertise in molecular biology, next generation sequencing.
Is a University of Cambridge spin-out company pioneering the development of novel and innovative technologies aimed at revolutionising the field of epigenetics research, unlocking the potential epigenetics has as an indicator and influencer of disease, health and wellbeing. Headquartered in Cambridge, they are an innovative and dynamic company with diverse and highly engaged staff. They believe in maximising their collective skills and experience and fostering great team work. They are passionate about realising the power of epigenetics by pioneering new epigenetic tools, utilising epigenetics as biomarkers and therapeutics and they are looking for a forward thinking, enthusiastic scientist to work in the Early Technology Development team.
Reporting into the Team Leader of Early Technology Development, you will be part of the team which develops cutting edge epigenetic tools for a new generation of cancer diagnostics. Innovation is key to this role! The ideal candidate would be a wet-lab scientist with experience in bioinformatics or who is keen to learn
The ideal candidate for this role will have
·An MSc or PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, enzymology, genetics or similar is required industry laboratory experience
· Demonstrated experience in a wide range of molecular biology techniques including DNA extraction and manipulation is essential.
· Proven past experience in a fast-paced research-driven commercial environment or in collaboration with industry is essential.
· Proven past experience working in a collaborative multidisciplinary field is advantageous.
· Demonstratable experience of innovation and development of cutting edge technologies.
· Experience in Next Generation Sequencing platforms and library preparation is required.
· Prior experience in computational methods, bioinformatics and/or enzyme structure and function is highly advantageous.
·Prior experience of working in fast paced research-driven commercial environment, or working collaboratively with industry whilst in academia.
My client offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and equity participation.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45432 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Asad Karim
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 45432
- Posted: 3rd May 2019
- Expires: 31st May 2019