This role is within microbiology laboratory, working as part of the laboratory management. The individual will be responsible for supervision and organisation of the laboratory team.
The role includes
- Organising and managing the team to ensure that all samples are analysed to a high standard.
- Liaising with clients to ensure their requirements are fully understood before analysis and managing incoming enquires where there is any delay regarding analysis of their samples.
- Monitoring the quality of work to ensure that all work is carried out within Quality, HSE and accreditation standards.
- Monitoring and reviewing resources including training levels within the team
The Senior Microbiologist is expected to demonstrate the following:
BSc in Microbiology, Life Sciences or related discipline with several years’ experience working in a water testing laboratory, preferably working to DWTS requirements. Previous supervisory experience in a laboratory environment is essential.
Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs and LIMS.
The successful candidate must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, good initiative and the ability to work accurately
- A keen eye for detail
- Flexible, good team player and capable of working under pressure
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: BTA20
- Posted: 3rd May 2019
- Expires: 31st May 2019