We are currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Synthetic Organic Chemist you will be responsible for the drug design and synthesis of new drug candidates.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Synthetic Organic Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will play a pivotal part of developing new synthetic methods as well as synthesising key intermediates and small drug candidates.
2. As the Synthetic Organic Chemist you will carry out the purification and characterisation of compounds, contributing to the research team by synthesising key intermediates and small molecule drug candidates as well as developing new synthetic methods when required.
3. As the Medicinal Chemist you will support the preparation of IP documents, whilst maintaining high synthetic chemistry productivity.
4. You will be responsible for the maintenance of laboratory experiments in accordance with company policy.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Medicinal Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry related degree.
2. Proven industry experience in practical synthetic chemistry, you will demonstrate excellence in theoretical and practical synthetic chemistry, having an excellent knowledge of medicinal chemistry design principles, including structure-based drug design and the influence of physiochemical properties.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with medicinal chemistry design principles, including structure-based drug design and physiochemical properties.
Key Words: Medicinal / Chemist / Synthetic / Organic / Drug Design / Drug Discovery / Drug Synthesis
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Edward McNulty
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5631194
- Posted: 2nd May 2019
- Expires: 30th May 2019