Are you an experienced laboratory scientist looking to take your next steps with an exciting Life Sciences company?
We are currently looking for a Technical Supervisor to join a leading company based in the Greater Manchester area. As the Technical Supervisor you will be responsible for the planning, scheduling and overall responsibility for the production of samples for all relevant schemes. You will provide technical advice and support to the clinical and forensic schemes, and provide technical input into the development of new and existing schemes and products. This will be a predominantly office-based role where you will be responsible for report writing and data interpretation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Supervisor will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead and manage the daily activities of the production team, maintaining and improving the quality of samples and service. You will actively identify areas for improvement of efficiency, productivity and quality in the lab.
2. You will analyse and review technical data and reports, and liaise with participants on any technical issues.
3. You will play a key role in the learning and development of the laboratory team.
4. You will contribute to the production of laboratory procedures relating to preparation and analysis of samples, and ensure quality of samples through assessment of process control, homogeneity and stability testing.
5. You will maintain a sound working knowledge of legislation, standards and methods relevant to the industry.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Supervisor we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in an appropriate scientific discipline i.e Chemistry, Toxicology etc
2. Proven industry experience supervising or training other members of staff in a laboratory setting.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with quality systems and accreditation standards. Experience working with biological fluids would be an advantage.
Key Words: Toxicology | Chemistry | Proficiency Testing | Supervisor | Clinical | Forensic
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Stuart Thomson
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5631398
- Posted: 30th April 2019
- Expires: 28th May 2019