Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is recruiting for a Senior Formulation Product Developer to join a leading fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) high street chain company (selling homeware and household goods). This is a permanent role to be based in Nottinghamshire and offers a competitive salary (£55,000 - £60,000) plus flexible benefits; car allowance, pension, 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays.
Our clients product range centres around household essentials, including homewares, textiles, cleaning products, health and beauty lines, stationery, confectionery and pet products.
This role is located at the northern edge of Sherwood Forest and has easy access to major transport links.
What my client are looking for:
- Industry experience within a FMCG environment.
- Expertise in NPD (new product development).
- Management skills.
- Strong commercial Formulation/Cosmetics background with expertise within a customer facing role.
You will be responsible for the delivery of commercial formulation and fragrance across the full portfolio of product brands, focusing and prioritising the product groups that will deliver the most impact to the commercial and brand equity working in unison with the brand management team, packaging, technical/ QA, procurement, insight trading teams. You will also oversee a team up to 2 direct reports. PLEASE NOTE - this is an office based role and not set within a laboratory, and would also involve some International travel.
Your main duties will be to:
- Be responsible for the management of a team of product developers, with full line management and performance development responsibilities.
- Be responsible for working in partnership with manufacturing laboratories, to ensure that the attributes of the products are realised in the final product claims to meet customer expectations and to adhere to relevant legislation.
- Manage customer focus groups and use outputs to guide final product offering.
- Science or relevant subject degree qualified or equivalent in experience.
- In-depth understanding in the cost of formulation and fragrance production and how to meet a cost price.
- Strong relationship building skills with both internal cross functional teams and external supplier relationships.
- Detailed understanding of fragrance development and manufacturing process.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of professionals.
- Managing large volumes of SKU's.
- Some experience of negotiation.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45356 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 45356
- Posted: 24th April 2019
- Expires: 22nd May 2019