Bioinformatics - Algorithm Developer
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: DOE- from £35K
Work Area: Computational Science
Global Biotechnology Company based in a research park around Cambridge is looking for a BioInformatician to join their team.
You will be working on their computational platform to help with high-throughput data analysis and development of specific workflow to target cancer and genetic disease.
You role will be:
* Development of algorithms and workflows
* Engineer novel processing pathways with your knowledge of DNA sequencing data and coding
* Assist in the maintenance and improvement of bioinformatics software
* Help develop end-user applications
Your background and skills are:
* BSc/MSc/PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent (E)
* Abilities in C or C++ and scripting language such as Python, R, Perl (E)
* Experience of open-source bioinformatics tools and cloud platforms (E)
* Abilities in the design and validation of algorithms (E)
* Knowledge of DNA sequence analysis algorithm (D)
The company offer pension, cycle to work scheme and is located on a research park with child-nursery facilities and a gym with swimming pool.
There is ample car-parking for employees and if you wish you can use the bus-shuttle from Cambridge and the train station to travel to/from work.
If this sounds like you, please apply online or contact Lynda Dupont on 01223 607 855 for further details.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J31432
- Posted: 15th April 2019
- Expires: 22nd April 2019