A leading biotech company have an exciting opportunity for a Microbiologist to join its team. In this role you will be researching how to kill airborne pathogens and supporting the manufacturing team with production of successful research. You must have a microbiology degree and have previous microbiology lab experience in another biotech or pharmaceutical company.
1 Investigating various published protocols to develop a research plan.
2 Laboratory-based investigation of existing, modified and novel protocols for the production and testing of biological products.
3 Assessing the performance of different production methods.
4 Creating full auditable validation documentation
5 Providing technical guidance on the productionisation of a new product range.
Essential skills and experience
* Degree in microbiology or closely related subject.
* Clear, concise written and oral communication.
* The ability to communicate complex scientific information to non-scientists.
* Recent hands on laboratory experience including: Microscopy, Identification to species level, Aseptic techniques, Total viable counts
* Responsible, and able to self-manage.
* An independent researcher, which excellent attention to detail.
* Able to overcome problems.
* Able to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
* Have a genuine interest in and aptitude for microbiology.
* Confident oral and written communicator for internal and external presentations and documents.
* Able to work with automated systems and machines, and able to build apparatus and test rigs.
* Able to work to deadlines.
This is a rare opportunity to practise microbiology in both an R&D and Manufacturing environment - Apply Now!
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 5997
- Posted: 9th April 2019
- Expires: 7th May 2019