A Polymer Chemist is required to join one of the world's major suppliers of speciality and emulsion polymers, supporting leadership positions in many market segments, including coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex for gloves. The company is active in all major industrial regions of the globe: Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Polymer Chemist Responsibilities:
* Independently plan & execute experimental project work to support the speciality chemical group to develop products, applications and knowledge.
* Flexibility to operate across a range of different areas of the business - R&D, Synthesis, Analysis.
* Communicate effectively across the group and provide on-going project status updates.
* Support the development projects of speciality polymer based products and application testing methods.
* Develop and maintain awareness in relevant technical fields.
Support NPD and innovation process through idea submission and idea development.
Polymer Chemist Requirements
* You must possess a degree qualification from a recognised university studying Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or closely related.
* It is essential to possess previous R&D/formulation experience within an industrial laboratory, working with products including adhesives, composites or coatings.
* Ability to create and write customer focused reports.
* Capable to work independently or part as a wider team.
* Effective communication skills.
In return the company can provide a fantastic opportunity to develop new skills within R&D and offer on-going career development with structured progression plans in place.
£Competitive + Benefits- Competitive pension + bonus + medical health care + 25 day's annual leave
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: BBBH5994
- Posted: 8th April 2019
- Expires: 6th May 2019