Sarah Farrow at CK Science is recruiting for a Research Scientist to join the polymer material science team of a innovative chemical development organisation, to be based at their site in Sedgefield on a permanent basis.
Our client is involved in a number of high profile collaborations, working in partnership with industry to develop next-generation products and processes. They work across a diverse range of markets, including Healthcare, Food & Agriculture, FMCG, Electronics, Energy, Transportation and Construction.
This role is located on the NETPark estate, which is an internationally recognised hub for science and technology companies. The site is easily accessible by car from the A1 and the A19, and has good public transport links across the North East.
The main purpose of the position will be to prepare, test, develop, analyse and research elements in polymer materials science in line with business strategy and industry needs. You will be responsible for supporting the technical delivery of projects and providing technical support to colleagues.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the delivery of formulation projects through the provision of materials science knowledge, particularly with respect to the design and formulation of polymer materials, surface science and characterisation and adhesion science.
- Application of measurement techniques to characterise polymer, surface and adhesion properties.
- Discussing project needs, and setting up, planning and execution of scientific experiments.
- Analysis, interpretation and reporting of results to agreed timescales.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be qualified to a minimum of BSc, and ideally PhD level in a relevant chemistry based or materials science discipline.
- Have a strong background in polymer chemistry. A background in Surface Science and Characterisation or in Adhesion Science would be highly beneficial for this position.
The company offer a highly competitive benefits package including family friendly policies, flexible holidays, holiday purchase schemes, a generous pension plan, training and development opportunities, life assurance and accident insurance schemes.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45170 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sarah Farrow
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 45170
- Posted: 5th April 2019
- Expires: 3rd May 2019