George Truman at CK Technical is recruiting for a Wastewater Network Technician to join a company in the Waste Water industry at their site based in Tidworth on a permanent basis.
Our client is The UK leader in environmental solutions, they provide a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services designed to build the circular economy and preserve scarce raw materials.
The role is based primarily in Tidworth, Wiltshire but will require travel to Aldershot and Warminster.
The main purpose of the role will be to to provide support on aspects of the foul and surface water network within private and statutory areas across Salisbury Plain and at Aldershot, as part of commercial contracts operated on behalf of the Ministry of Defence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working on-site with contractors and clients to investigate and facilitate remedial action for day-to-day issues such as sewer blockages, damaged network, often within tight contractual deadlines.
- Execute a maintenance program for network assets including CCTV surveying, inspecting and cleaning road gullies, OWIs and silt traps.
- Review Safe Systems of Works.
- Assist with Operational teams.
- Work closely with management to improve/suggest improvements to make processes/procedures more efficient.
- Undertake technical appraisals of handover documentation, site inspections, witness all appropriate air and water tests and approve new works in relation to S104.
- Adoption applications, building over sewers and new sewer connections.
- Work effectively as part of a team and the ability to work alone, when required.
- Build good working relationships with other teams/team members, clients and contractors.
- Take ownership of assets/operations, working with minimal supervision and using own initiative.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A strong understanding of wastewater network construction, operation and maintenance
- Previous experience of working within a commercial contract environment.
- Working knowledge of 'Sewers for Adoption' code of practice.
- An in-depth knowledge or experience of GIS
- A full, UK driving license
- IOSH is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Confined Spaces qualified is desirable, but not essential.
- Proven CPD record.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45143 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: George Truman
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 45143
- Posted: 2nd April 2019
- Expires: 30th April 2019