Location: East Anglia
Salary: circa £22K
Our client is a leading manufacturer of flavours and fragrances used in a variety of applications and has been growing throughout the last few years and is expanding its business. An opportunity has arisen for a QC Analyst to join their QC team.
The role itself will be responsible for:-
- Measure physical parameters of flavour and fragrance raw materials originating from various departments and external sources, which includes but is not exclusive to density, refractive index, optical rotation, melting points and flash points.
- Perform classical analysis of flavour and fragrance raw materials originating from various departments and external sources (e.g. peroxide values, acid values, ester values).
- Perform instrumental analysis on the above products which includes but is not exclusive to, UV spectroscopy, IR, gas and liquid chromatography and gas chromatography/mass spectroscopy.
- Perform general essential oil analysis but with further tests specific to the substance under analysis.
- Participate in organoleptic evaluation of the products as necessary.
- Prepare tasting solutions and arrange for a representative number of individuals to carry out analysis.
- Prepare reagents to the required standard for routine and non-routine analysis.
- Carry out regular calibration and maintenance of the measuring instruments as prescribed by the working practices in the laboratory.
- When necessary arrange for analytical samples to be sent for external analysis and collate the results.
- Assist in sample receipt to the QC laboratory when required to maintain work flow of sample analysis to the required areas of the department.
- Carry out day to day laboratory checks and housekeeping tasks, these include washing up glass wear in the absence of supporting staff as well as put away clean glassware, and emptying the wet bins at the end of each day.
- Contribution to continuous improvement in the Quality Department (e.g. suggestions on improvements in efficiency, cost cutting, improvements in effectiveness of operations).
- Follow any task and request linked to technical projects as requested by Quality Team Leader or Global Quality Control Manager.
You will need to have:-
- A degree in science based discipline, ideally Chemistry or with a minimum of an organic chemistry module.
- Experience of working within a laboratory environment
- You will also have previous experience GC, GC-MS, and HPLC, calibration of balances & pipettes and preparation of Analytical Standards.
The company has a generous benefits package in addition to salary and has a very positive culture
If this sounds like the place for you get in touch now!
For our other vacancies please see www.sci-search.com
- Agency: SCI Recruitment for Scientists
- Contact: Lori Fitton
- Phone: +44 1606 818290
- Reference: 20171
- Posted: 29th March 2019
- Expires: 26th April 2019