Sarah Farrow at CK Science is recruiting for a Materials Development Scientist on behalf of a Multinational Manufacturer of Chemical products to be based at their site in Redcar on a permanent basis.
Our client is a multinational chemical company, who have instantly recognisable brands. The employ a dynamic team of expert scientists, working on next generation polymer products, which are used in everyday consumer applications. They offer a highly competitive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for personal development and progression.
Based in state of the art laboratory facilities, in an technology hub, this site is easily commutable from across Teesside, Tyne and Wear and North Yorkshire, and has plenty of free parking available on site. The on-site facilities include a cafeteria serving hot food, and a gym.
The main purpose of your position will be to develop new products and processes at laboratory scale.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Working with commercial teams to facilitate the introduction of new products into the market place.
- Providing techncial support to colleagues in production departments, and customers.
- Liaising with other company sites across the globe to maximise on collaborative relationships.
- Keeping up to date with current trends in the market, and identifiying and assessing new opportunities to expand the product portfolio.
- Writing technical documents, and presenting to R&D leadership teams and relevant third parties.
To be considered for this position, you should ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to a minimum of degree level (or possess equivalent experience) in Materials Science, Chemistry or another relevant subject.
- Experience of working in a commercial laboratory environment, developing new products and processes.
Experience of working with Polymers, Plastics or Composite Materials would be highly beneficial for this position.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45116 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sarah Farrow
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 45116
- Posted: 28th March 2019
- Expires: 25th April 2019