An opportunity has arisen for a recent chemistry or environmental science graduate to join a leading waste management company at their facility in Plymouth. As a graduate chemist you will assist with the entire operation of the site laboratory and treatment plant, in addition to this you will need to ensure all documentation is present and correct.
To be successful as a graduate chemist you should hold a degree, either in environmental science, chemistry or closely related discipline. You should also be comfortable working outdoors and have an interest in the waste management/environmental industry.
Graduate Chemist Responsibilities:
* Assist with all site operations whenever required including assisting in the treatment of waste materials and site maintenance.
* Assess incoming loads in a timely fashion and ensure that all waste acceptance records are kept up to date and complete.
* Operate the laboratory in a safe and efficient manner, using the correct Personal Protective Equipment and working within the Standard Operating Procedures.
* Ensure the provision of the correct documentation for all incoming and outgoing loads.
* Ensure that all site activities are carried out in full compliance with the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
* Co-operate with site management in improving operating standards and adopt a
Graduate Site Chemist Requirements:
* Educated to degree level within a relevant scientific discipline: Chemistry, Environmental Science or related.
* Desire to learn and aspirations to progress within a career in the waste industry.
* Ability to apply chemical theory to good industrial practice.
* Ability to follow instructions and ask questions when unsure.
* Good communication skills and the ability to work within a in a team.
Salary: £20k increasing to £23k on completion of CoCT (Certificate of Technical Competence) + Benefits - 22 days holiday to increase with length of service
If you are a recent graduate looking to be part of an industry leading waste management organisation contact Lewis at Cranleigh Scientific.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 5972
- Posted: 27th March 2019
- Expires: 24th April 2019