We are currently looking for a Virologist to join a growing biotech company based in the Durham area. As the Virologist you will be responsible for supporting antiviral drug discovery and development projects.
Key Words: Virology | Drug Discovery | Small Molecule | Compound Screening | Cell Culture | Drug Development | Plaque Assays | Cell Based Assays | In Vitro
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Virologist will be mostly laboratory based, however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Supporting and supervising the screening facility, ensuring sufficient viral and cell line stocks and scheduling screening of new compounds. This will involve supervision of one member of staff.
2. Planning and executing a range of screening assays to test new compounds, mainly cell based assays including plaque assays and transfection assays.
3. Reporting and recording of results and data using eLab Book.
4. Cross discipline communication with colleagues based locally as well as those based elsewhere in the UK.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Virologist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD in a Biological Sciences discipline eg, Virology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology etc. In addition to this, you will require practical experience with in vitro mammalian cell and virus culture.
2. Experience with small molecule compound management and databases such as Dotmatics is an advantage
3. This role will involve working with a small multi disciplinary team, therefore excellent cross-discipline communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5631143
- Posted: 15th March 2019
- Expires: 12th April 2019