A globally recognised chemical business based in Salisbury is currently seeking a Chemical Technician to join its state of the art facilities on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for a degree qualified Chemist with some industrial analytical chemistry experience to join a progressive business and develop valuable skills within a fast paced environment.
As Chemical Technician you will play an important role in conducting routine chemistry analysis on raw and finished products, whilst having the ability to support other business functions including research and development.
Chemical Technician responsibilities
* To conduct chemical goods inward inspection and maintain appropriate documentation.
* To conduct, record and interpret material compatibility tests.
* To assist the technology development chemists in the practical aspects of formulation/R&D.
* Sample analysis of hazardous/explosive materials for compliance with expected formulation.
* Assist with tests and trials of components and products.
* To assist with the write up of COSHH assessment instructions.
Chemical Technician requirements
* You must possess a degree level qualification in Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry or closely related discipline of study.
* Current or previous experience working in an industrial analytical laboratory, conducting chemical analysis/testing (thermal analysis, particle characterisation).
* Can demonstrate strong commitment and involvement in health & safety (H&S) issues.
* Good communication skills with the ability to work well both part of a team and individually.
* Excellent attention to detail.
In return the company can provide an excellent opportunity to develop new analytical skills, coupled with an excellent salary package: £22k-£26k + excellent company benefits
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: BBBH5944
- Posted: 15th March 2019
- Expires: 12th April 2019