Dedicated to Better Health – Albumedix offers a unique opportunity for you to join an established biotech company and take part in enabling better therapies for patients worldwide through our innovative products and technologies.
An opportunity has arisen for a QC Microbiologist on a temporary contract from 1 June 2019 to 31 August 2020 to cover a maternity leave.
Based at our manufacturing site in Nottingham, UK, producing rAlbumin Human, you’ll be responsible for the microbiological testing activities at the site.
You’ll be working closely with members of the Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering teams and engaging with a range of other colleagues and external suppliers. You’ll thrive in this role if you’re an excellent verbal and written communicator with an in-depth knowledge of microbiological testing.
- Carry out routine GMP bioburden and coliform testing of utility samples.
- Perform total viable count and purity testing of in-process samples and products.
- Execute endotoxin detection tests (via EP/USP kinetic turbidimetric method) for utility and product samples.
- Carry out routine GMP environmental monitoring in controlled and classified areas.
- Perform staining and biochemical testing for full identification of microorganisms.
- Conduct and write up laboratory, out of specification and deviation investigations in an efficient and timely manner.
- Trend and present microbiological data identifying any adverse trends promptly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFILE
- Degree in Microbiology
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a microbiology role
- Ideally with some experience of GMP
- Experience in TVC, endotoxin testing, plate reading and Identifications
- Knowledge of water systems and environmental monitoring
- Attention to detail in completion of paperwork and database completion
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to connect and collaborate with a wide range of internal colleagues
- Knowledge of EP/USP/ISO standards
- Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based bonus scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Private healthcare scheme
- Optional exercise classes and other social activities
- City centre location excellent access to public transport
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on improving patient outcomes through its albumin-based products and technologies for the development of superior biopharmaceuticals. Dedicated to Better Health, we partner with excellence to improve therapies for people with serious diseases. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 80 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Biology, Life Science, Microbiology, Laboratory, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance
- Employer: Albumedix
- Updated: 20th March 2019
- Expires: 5th April 2019