£2.83 per hour - depending on experience
12 month temporary contract
SRG are working with a Global Pharmaceutical Company who are looking an R&D Associate to join their Physicochemical Testing team in Cambridge on 12 month contract. You will get the opportunity to play a key role in early drug development programs by supporting the analytical characterization of novel proteins.
* Perform routine analytical biochemistry methods; including chromatographic and electrophoresis methodologies.
* Work according to established methods and SOP's to perform analytical testing as required.
* Keep accurate and clear records of all work performed using approved forms and laboratory notebooks in a timely manner. Perform full data processing, tabulation, interpretation and presentation of results from assay work.
* Acquire a thorough knowledge of all methodology and equipment relevant to individual and team tasks.
* Perform equipment maintenance and calibration.
* Author reports and process documents as required.
* Reagent and buffer preparation as required to maintain stock levels.
* Keep line manager and Analytical Sciences team members informed of developments, results, and participation in discussions of their impact on project goals.
* BSc in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or equivalent degree
* Experience in chromatography methodology such as size exclusion, reverse phase, HPLC/UPLC.
* An adaptable team player capable of working to tight deadlines and exacting standards.
* Enthusiastic, flexible and willing to learn.
* High level of attention to detail.
* Proactive communicator.
* Good organisational and planning skills.
* Ability to effectively troubleshoot.
This is a great opportunity to progress your career within the pharmaceutical industry to play a key role in the execution of studies that will change the lives of patients' worldwide.
To find out more, please apply online or send your CV to directly to or give Umul a call on 0203 096 4529.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J31087
- Posted: 14th March 2019
- Expires: 4th April 2019