We currently have a newly created opportunity available for a Customs & Compliance Manager to join a leading company based in the Armagh area. There is also the opportunity for this role to be based out of our client's additional facility in Dundalk.
As the Customs & Compliance Manager you will be responsible for the introduction and maintenance of a range of processes and schemes pertaining to Trade Compliance including a strong working knowledge of customs procedures and regulations. The objective is to ensure that the company is in the best state of readiness for the handling of customs clearance activities post Brexit whilst maintaining Compliance.
It is expected that a full understanding of the HMRC and Irish Revenue procedures and regulations pertaining to, Authorised Economic Operator, Customs Warehouse, and Inward Processing Relief will have to be understood as part of the role. The Customs and Compliance Manager will accountable for delivering Customs Compliance activities including management of a team of trained staff who will report compliance and performance based on agreed KPIs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Customs & Compliance Manager HRJOB4698 will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Responsible for obtaining and maintaining Authorised Economic Operator status for the company in a pre and post Brexit scenario. You will also research the procedures and regulations for a Customs Warehouse and assist in formalising of requirements for the Customs Warehouse procedures and systems to enable the company to effectively attain and operate a Customs Warehouse as per UK and IE regulations. You will be responsible for the maintenance of the Customs Warehouse status. Working with both internal and external customs expertise to deliver the best solution deemed appropriate for a post Brexit scenario.
2. Research the procedures and regulations for Inward processing Relief (IPR). You will understand the relationship between IPR and the Customs Warehouse and how this pertains to the goods and services provided by the company. As the Customs and Compliance Manager, you will assist in the requirements gathering for IPR and how it relates to the process, procedures and systems.
3. When the company is named as the Importer of Record (IoR) ensure compliance with regulations, SOPs and policies. Provide expertise support through communication and documentation. Maintain industry knowledge through training and support of the IoR Service.
4. Assist with compliance advising clients on best practise in relation to duty and VAT for the importation of materials. This includes harmonisation codes, country of origin and valuation rules.
5. You will provide a consultative approach and advise on the revised Customs procedures for Business Development and Customers to ensure that they fully understand the benefits that the company has achieved and any responsibility that the Customer may have within the new procedures.
6. Generate quality documentation to facilitate the processes in terms of standard operating procedures, user requirement specifications, change requests and quality incidents reports.
7. Conduct regular audits of the processes implemented to ensure compliance with customs legislation.
A full and detailed job description can be provided following application.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Customs & Compliance Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (or higher) in a Logistics, Transport or Business Management related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience working within supply chain, specifically operational experience of import and export regulations and controls, trade tariff classification, valuation, duty preferences and free trade agreements. You should have experience working with brokers and customs authorities, good knowledge of incoterms, working knowledge of customs systems (Automated entry processing (AEP) / CHIEF) and an understanding of regulatory framework (e.g. Union Customs Code).
3. It would be an advantage for you to demonstrate knowledge of EU and UK/IE Customs legislation including implementing processes to support customs regimes and procedures, experience of working with Duty Management software or working directly with Customs Clearance systems as well as knowledge of GMP / GDP or quality systems.
Key Words: Customs | Compliance | Manager | Logistics | Import Export Regulations | Free Trade Agreements | Customs Legislation
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5631133
- Posted: 14th March 2019
- Expires: 11th April 2019