Natalie Wood at CK Group is recruiting for a Research Scientist to join the battery materials team of a multinational chemicals company, based at their site in Billingham on a permanent basis.
Our client is a global market leader in the sustainable technologies industry, employing over 14,000 people worldwide. They have recently invested heavily in their state of the art battery material facilities, and are undergoing a period of growth. The company offer exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This role is located at their Billingham site, easily accessible from across North East England, with good road links from the A19. The site offers ample free parking.
The main purpose of your role will be to provide laboratory based support to the design and development of large scale manufacturing, and is suited to an innovative individual who will relish the opportunity to develop and scale-up technology to pilot scale.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting chemistry-based laboratory tests to provide samples and information to support with process scale-up
- Taking a hands-on approach to the scale-up to multi-kg scale
- Establishing and maintaining detailed data sets, to inform and direct materials synthesis and advise product development teams.
- Suggesting process, method and product improvements.
To be considered for the position, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to degree level (or possess equivalent experience) in a relevant chemistry-based discipline.
- Experience of working in a commercial laboratory environment would be highly beneficial for this position.
The company offer an exceptional benefits package, which can include:
- Company pension plan
- Share incentive options
- Private medical cover
- Flexible holiday entitlements
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44987 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 44987
- Posted: 14th March 2019
- Expires: 11th April 2019