An opportunity for a Senior Scientist - Virology to join an expanding Contract testing Organisation on a permanent basis.
Job Title: Senior Scientist - Virology
Location: North West
SRG are working with a Contract testing organisation who have a requirement for a Senior Scientist in Virology, responsible for leading the delivery of projects on time and within budget.
* Support the Laboratory Manager, Operations Manager and the Technical Manager to develop bespoke and standard assays
* Attend client meetings and assimilate client requirements and device appropriate work plans
* Coordinate a team of Virologists and Microbiologists to deliver client and R&D projects in line with work plan
* Performing Assays such as TCID50, Viral Propagation, Cell Culturing, Plaque assays and ELISA's
* Maintenance of laboratory equipment according to internal SOPs
* Conduct journal based research in order to support laboratory-based problem solving
* Be involved in research and development programmes, including validation of new UKAS ISO17025 standards
* PhD in Virology or similar
* Experience of working with different viral strands and viral assays
* Experience of leading teams/Projects is preferred but not essential
* Experience of Minitab, SPSS or similar
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Harrison Bailey at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Harrison on 0161 868 2238.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Virology, Virologist, Viral, Microbiology, Microbiologist, TCID50, Cell Culture, Tissue Culture, Plaque Assay, Senior Scientist, Scientist, R&D, Research and Development, Cytokine, ELISA, Project Management, Line Management, Postdoc, PhD
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Harrison Bailey
- Phone: 0161 8682238
- Reference: J31079
- Posted: 14th March 2019
- Expires: 11th April 2019