We are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatician to join a leading company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will be responsible for the development of methods and workflows and the analysis of genomes and metagenomes associated with health and disease states.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Bioinformatician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will develop tools and databases capable of integrating and comparing large-scale (meta)genomics datasets.
2. You will analyse and interpret metagenomics data to identify biomarkers of disease and novel live bacteria therapeutic leads.
3. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will develop new analytical, statistical and machine-learning methods to extend the informatics platform.
4. You will run methods, metrics, and pipelines for the automatic functional annotation of genomic and microbiome data.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Bioinformatician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will have a PhD or Masters in Bioinformatics or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
2. You will have proven industry experience in microbial or metagenomics combined with proficient in a programming language such as Python or Perl.
3. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will have a working knowledge and practical experience with the development of bioinformatics methods or pipelines and the analysis of large-scale datasets.
Key Words: Bioinformatics, Python, Perl, metagenomics, data, data sets, algorithms, microbiome, informatics, statistical, metrics, machine-learning, worksflows, analytical, pipelines, biomarkers.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Bethany Cornwell
- Phone: 0161 507 0450
- Reference: J5631125
- Posted: 13th March 2019
- Expires: 10th April 2019