Are you a cell culture scientist looking for an exciting opportunity in Cell Line Development?
We are currently looking for a Cell Line Development Scientist to join an exciting company based in the Glasgow area. As the Cell Line Development Scientist you will be responsible for the day to day management, design, performance and reporting of cell line development projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Cell Line Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for the production of murine hybridomas for the manufacture of antibodies for therapeutic use.
2. You will be responsible for the complete cell line development project; this will include generation and maintenance of cell cultures, transfection of mammalian cell lines, cell cloning, cell culture and characterisation.
3. You will construct, select and characterize cell lines suitable for the production of therapeutic proteins. You will ensure cell cultures are maintained to the highest standards to support cell line construction.
4. You will manage all day to day activities to ensure the project is successfully and proactively progressed. This will include maintaining laboratory equipment to the highest standard within the company's quality systems, and generating and presenting data to both internal and external partners.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Cell Line Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences discipline. A PhD in an appropriate subject would be advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience working with mammalian cell culture. Experience with Murine Hybridoma production would be beneficial.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with aseptic technique and cell cloning. Experience with protein chemistry and molecular biology is desirable.
Key Words: Cell Culture | Mammalian Culture | Murine Hybridoma | Cell Biology | Cell Line Development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Stuart Thomson
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5631128
- Updated: 14th March 2019
- Expires: 11th April 2019