An opportunity has arisen for a hands-on graduate chemist to join one of the UK's leading waste management companies at the site in Oxfordshire. As a graduate chemist your role will consist of assisting with the overall operation of the technical transfer station, ensuring sample documentation is correct, preparation of loads for dispatch and segregation of incoming samples.
To be successful as a graduate chemist you should have a hands on approach to your work and hold a relevant degree ideally within chemistry or environmental discipline.
Graduate Chemist Responsibilities:
* Check waste delivery documentation is completed correctly in line with current legislation.
* Inspect, classify and segregate waste, ensuring loads are labelled and described in accordance with company regulations.
* Ensure Non Conformance reports are raised in line with procedures, issues identified, corrective action taken.
* Maintain the accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation of traceable records in line with Quality Management Systems.
* Operate forklift trucks competently and safely. (Training will be provided)
* Be aware of personal responsibilities towards health and safety, quality and the environment.
Graduate Chemist Requirements:
* Degree in a Chemistry or an Environmental related discipline is preferred.
* Basic understanding of chemicals and their hazards.
* Understanding of COSHH regulations.
* Capable of working outside and in busy environments.
* Able to work within potentially difficult environments i.e. wearing protective suits and respirators.
* Work within precise and stringent deadlines.
* Flexible towards working hours to ensure the smooth operation of the Transfer Station.
* Full driving license.
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 + Benefits: Company performance bonus - Pension contribution - Healthcare - Discounted gym membership
Working Hours: 40 per week - Rotating - 07:00 - 16:00 / 09:00 - 18:00 (1 hour lunch)
If you are a recent graduate and possess the experience and skills required for this role then get in touch with Lewis at Cranleigh Scientific
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Contact: Lewis Cox
- Phone: 01483548804
- Reference: 9854
- Posted: 13th March 2019
- Expires: 10th April 2019