An opportunity has arisen for a maintenance engineer to join a leading materials organisation based in the Manchester. As the group maintenance engineer you will be required to maintain, test and inspect the electrical (PLC) systems and equipment across the company sites in the Manchester area.
To be successful as a maintenance engineer you should ideally hold a relevant electrical engineering qualification e.g. City & Guilds and possess commercial experience working as an electrical or maintenance engineer.
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
* Meet production needs in regards to engineering issues and breakdowns.
* Carry out routine test and inspection on electrical systems and portable electrical equipment.
* Reduce costs where possible and use the preventative maintenance system to reduce unplanned maintenance.
* Improve process efficiency's through elimination of downtime with the use of the PPM system and CIP process.
* Assist Engineering Manager with ongoing projects and new developments.
* Travel to sister sites around the Manchester area and carry out responsibilities above (Company van will be provided).
Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
* Hold a relevant electrical engineering qualification e.g. City & Guilds: (236, 2360, 2365, 2330 or 2391).
* Possess commercial experience as an electrical or maintenance engineer.
* AC & DC Drive experience.
* Knowledge and or experience with PLC (Siemens) systems.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills are essential.
* Full UK Driving license.
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 + Benefits - Life Assurance - 33 Days Holiday - Healthcare - Pension Contribution - Overtime at x1.5 Monday to Saturday AM & at x2 Saturday PM to Sunday
If you are an electrical engineer and possess the experience required then get in touch with Lewis Cox at Cranleigh Scientific with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Contact: Lewis Cox
- Phone: 01483548804
- Reference: 5936
- Posted: 13th March 2019
- Expires: 10th April 2019