We are currently looking for a IT Desktop Support Manager to join a leading Life Science company based in the Stevenage area. The role will be to support the Head of IT in all aspects of IT Support and service delivery for the organisation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the IT Desktop Support Manager will be to manage two support engineers and provide support to major systems implementation and hands on support throughout the business however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. The IT Desktop Support Manager will have line management responsibility for two desktop support engineers.
2. The role will provide operational support to the business for the IT infrastructure hardware and software at 3rd line infrastructure level.
3. The technologies across IT systems to be supported are: Microsoft Office 365 products Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, Windows 7, desktops, laptops, printers, networked copiers, mobile devices and others as assigned.
4. The manager will need to contribute to resolving issues efficiently, and contributing to the improvement of a Company's infrastructure and have project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the IT Desktop Support Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field; or equivalent work experience.
2. Proven industry experience of 8 plus years working within IT and business/industry with experience of IT strategy, cyber security and service level agreements.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience of working within a technical support position, covering Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and various business applications within a fast paced business environment.
Key Words: IT Manager Project Infrastructure 3rd line Office 365 Security Desktop Service levels
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Ben Hughes
- Phone: 0161 507 0450
- Reference: J5631113
- Posted: 12th March 2019
- Expires: 9th April 2019