Jade Stirk is recruiting for a Senior Protein Scientist to work within a Research and Development Laboratory that will help bring solutions to transform the lives of people with severe diseases. This role will be based at our client's state of the art facility in Slough on an initial 6 month contract in the first instance.
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company whose medicine treats thousands of patients around the world who live with severe diseases.
This role is located on a well-established biopharma R&D facility based in Slough. There are good transport links whether you drive or even use public transport. Slough is a great place to live and work and is easily commutable from Reading, Oxford and London.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that supports projects from early stage target validation through to late stage pre-clinical evaluation. You will have a good knowledge of techniques involved in the QC of proteins, ensuring quality is maintained at all times to make sure end users have confidence in their data.
- Candidates will have extensive experience (PhD holder or graduate with 4-5 years) in protein biochemistry, focusing on recombinant protein production, preferably in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of protein purification techniques (affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, analytical SEC, UV-Vis spectroscopy, protein refolding techniques) and extensive experience working with AKTA purification platforms and associated software.
- Good understanding of recombinant protein expression systems and the molecular biology involved in generating expression constructs.
- Thorough knowledge of the latest technologies involved in protein purification.
- A scientist with an inquisitive and innovative nature and a passion for delivering innovative new medicines for patients suffering with serious disease.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44939 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Jade Stirk
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 44939
- Posted: 11th March 2019
- Expires: 8th April 2019