Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently supporting a Global Consumer Goods company in identifying a new Principal Toxicologist to join their EMEA Headquarters in the Surrey area. As the Principal Toxicologist you will be the internal Subject Matter Expert for Toxicology, Safety and Risk Assessment activities in relation to consumer, cosmetic, professional, OTC and medical device products.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Toxicologist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Represent Product Safety to internal, cross-functional teams and effectively author and communicate human health safety risk assessments on a broad range of products.
2. Lead and manage the design, monitoring and interpretation of chemical characterization analyses, pre-clinical toxicology, biocompatibility, microbiological and other types of safety studies conducted under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Good Clinical Practise (GCP), as applicable.
3. Author and communicate product safety guidance and regulatory toxicology compliance information, safety point-of-view papers and human health risk assessments to internal and/or external technical experts and regulatory reviewers.
4. Develop and Lead continuous improvement programs to ensure products are safe for intended use and to support product registration.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Toxicologist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Life Sciences Discipline (e.g. Toxicology; Biomedical; Pharmacology or related discipline) as well as experience of relevant product safety activities such as the design, development, regulatory compliance and maintenance of consumer products, cosmetics, OTC/quasi-drugs, and medical devices in global markets.
2. Proven industry experience of authoring health risk assessments on a range of product types and the ability to independently design and implement effective testing strategies and protocols to identify potential human health hazards.
3. Comprehensive knowledge in regulatory science, risk assessment practices and risk management with an emphasis in the EMEA regions.
4. Certification by the American Board of Toxicology (DABT), European Registered Toxicologist (ERT), or other equivalent health science or medical professional certification is required. Successful candidates must be eligible and capable of obtaining certification within the first year of employment.
Key Words: Principal Toxicologist | Toxicology | Non-Clinical | Pre-Clinical | Regulatory Toxicology | Product Steward | Consumer Health | Cosmetics | OTC | Medical Devices | Biocides | Household Cleaning | Consumer Products | American Board of Toxicology | DABT | European Registered Toxicologist | ERT | EMEA | Product Safety | Health Risk Assessment | Regulatory Compliance | Method Development | Continous Improvement | Human Health Safety Risk
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5631091
- Posted: 7th March 2019
- Expires: 4th April 2019