We are currently looking for a In vivo Group Leader to join a leading Microbiology Therapeutic Research company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the In vivo Group Leader you will be responsible for leading the in vivo pharmacology studies and diseases models within the translational biology team as well as leading the in vivo biology capability within the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the In vivo Group Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will work in the area of immuno-oncology, IBD and autoimmunity to develop new models of host and microbiome biology applicable to human disease.
2. Development and running of animals models of human disease and biology will be your focus to validate biological models. To aid this you will compare clinical data using translational biomarkers and mice with human transplants.
3. You will develop immunological assays and cellular models or functional characterisation of candidate bacteria.
4. As the In vivo group leader, you will liaise with external CRO's to develop assays to support projects when required. You will also be an effective and accountable contributor within program teams.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the In vivo Group Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a biological related discipline (Immunology, Pharmacology or Oncology) with a wealth of industry experience within in vivo pharmacology. This should be in the field of immunology, autoimmunity or immuno-oncology which is essential to your application.
2. Proven industry experience establishing novel animal models of disease and the ability to design and execute rigorous testing of therapeutic agents to a high standard of reproducibility is essential to your application.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Microbial Biology and Genetics is essential.
Key Words: Microbiology | Research | In Vivo | Pharmacology | Genetics | Animal Models | Animal Research | Home Office License | Immuno-oncology | Oncology | IBD | Immunity |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Emily Davidson
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5630803
- Posted: 5th March 2019
- Expires: 2nd April 2019