Naynesh Mistry is currently recruiting for a Senior QC Analytical Scientist to join a growing Biopharmaceutical company based in Deeside. Our client develop processes for the conjugation, purification and formulation of antibody drug conjugates. This role is a full time, permanent position. They are looking for an individual who has the knowledge and passion to help provide a world class analytical testing service.
On offer is a competitive salary, Pension plus 3 days gratis holiday during Christmas shutdown, health cover.
- Demonstrable experience in analytical testing within a biopharmaceutical industry (i.e. biological products such as therapeutic proteins or monoclonal antibodies).
- Leadership skills as this role requires running the labs and managing QC Technicians
- HPLC, FTIR, TOC - knowledge of proteins as well as small molecules
- Cell based assays
Reporting to the Head of QC, you will also:
- Manage the day to day activities of the laboratory
- Supervise QC Personnel with scheduling of work packages
- Ensure that analytical testing is performed and reported on all raw materials, intermediates and finished products following customer, company and regulatory/industry requirements.
- Coordinate, support training and lead the sampling and testing of raw materials
Qualifications, skills and experiences:
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant chemical or biological subject area.
• Experience in an analytical testing laboratory and experience of working in a pharmaceutical controlled environment is essential.
• Essential knowledge in the areas of Raw material sampling, Pharmacopoeial testing (BP, EP, USP), finished product testing of biologics/biomolecules.
• Essential working knowledge and expertise in the techniques of HPLC, UV, FTIR, Titration, TOC.
• Desirable working knowledge and expertise in the techniques of KF, CE, IEF, ELISA, SDS PAGE, Cell based bioassays.
• Good understanding of cGMP
If successful you will be joining a growing company specialising in Protein purification with excellent benefits.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44911 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 44911
- Posted: 4th March 2019
- Expires: 1st April 2019