We are currently looking for a Head of Technical Operations to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Leicestershire area. As the Head of Technical Operations you will be responsible for a number of core business functions which will assist with a range of diverse projects such as the introduction of new products, new manufacturing technologies and new business processes and facility/utility modification projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Technical Operations will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. To develop and maintain the organisational structures within the Technical Support and Process Engineering functions ensuring there is effective leadership, skills and resources within each group to support the development of a high performing solid dose manufacturing environment. In doing so you will support the identification of new process technologies, providing input into decision-making around vendor selection, as well as build the correct talent to do so.
2. You will oversee the introduction of new GMP process equipment into Manufacturing Operations, ensuring that commissioning, validation and training are well co-ordinated with various stakeholders including business development.
3. As the Head of Technical Operations you will assist in the implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) within Manufacturing Operations and play a key leadership role in the design and implementation of process improvements within Manufacturing Operations.
4. You will report to the Site Director playing a key role on the site leadership team, supporting the growth of the site, setting and monitoring key performance indicators and ensuring adherence to targets. In doing so you will play a lead role in business projects such as bringing additional capacity or new capabilities on-line and will assist in the technical assessment and securing of new business opportunities.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Technical Operations we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in an engineering (i,e. Pharmaceutical Engineering, Process Engineering) or life sciences (Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmaceutical Management) discipline with proven record of accomplishment in developing drug product manufacturing processes and involvement in GMP manufacturing operations. Those with experience in an oral solid dose pharmaceutical environment will be of particular interest.
2. A proven track record of accomplishment in developing drug product manufacturing processes and involvement in GMP manufacturing operations, with experience in the technical transfer, scale-up and process validation of new drug products.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the design, procurement and qualification of a wide range of oral solid dose manufacturing equipment.
Key Words: Technical Operations / Operations Leadership / Solid Dose Products / Pharmaceutical Management / GMP / Technical Transfer / Drug Product / Scale Up / Pharmaceutical Services.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Ricky Martin
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J563142
- Posted: 27th February 2019
- Expires: 27th March 2019