Naynesh Mistry is recruiting for a Head of Microbiology to join a leading manufacturer and supplier of diagnostic instruments, based in Liverpool. This is an opportunity to join an exciting and dynamic company who are at the forefront of medical technology. My client is looking for a Life Sciences postgraduate with commercial experience, who can demonstrate a good record of team management and successful project delivery within a commercial, hospital or academic laboratory environment.
On offer is a competitive salary (£40,000 - £45,000) plus pension, health and life assurance.
This role will report to the Managing Director and will manage the AST (Antibiotic Susceptibility Test) and Pharma teams on a day-to-day basis. The successful candidate will have industry management and project management experience within a Life Science/Molecular diagnostics sector.
Responsible for all permanent and temporary staff of the AST and Pharma teams and to oversee the delivery of projects from the AST and Pharma development teams to meet Group-wide commercial, technical and regulatory requirements. You will also assume responsibility for correctly accounting the full costs of the department on a project-by-project basis.
- To be responsible for the on-time delivery of relevant projects.
- To ensure that all relevant current and planned regulatory and quality system requirements are complied with.
- Be an active member of the Innovation Team to suggest and offer advice on new product ideas.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Postgraduate qualification in a Life Sciences subject (Biomedical Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Clinical Microbiology) which incorporated a significant microbiology content. PhD qualified would be desirable however would need to be backed up with industry experience.
- To demonstrate successful project delivery within a commercial, hospital or academic laboratory environment.
- Management experience within a commercial environment.
- A broad understanding of the technical aspects of R&D development projects.
- Direct management of multi-functional development teams.
- Previously worked in NHS or equivalent health service diagnostic laboratory, worked in a product development and delivery environment.
- A good practical understanding of diagnostic microbiology.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44664 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 44664
- Updated: 22nd March 2019
- Expires: 19th April 2019