A world-class, leading manufacturer of chemical additives is looking for a highly experienced Senior Organic Chemist with large scale up experience (5-10kg) to join their company based in Oxfordshire. You will ideally have considerable hands-on industrial experience in organic synthesis within specialty chemicals.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the scale-up from 10g to 10kg with support from chemical engineers
- Design and synthesise next generation component materials
- Provide design solutions to a variety of programs, as well as robust routing scouting
- Provide leadership and supervision, as well as coaching and mentoring
- Prepare a variety of materials and be the focal lead for chemical outsourcing
- Drive safety initiatives, deliver risk assessments and make solid safety recommendations
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- PhD in Organic Chemistry; or relevant industrial experience
- Excellent track record of delivering materials to aggressive timescales in a fast-paced R&D environment
- Proven supervisory/management and coaching experience
- Strong safety focus including networking, communication, demonstrated ability to deliver high standard risk assessments
- Ability to troubleshoot and take an objective view of technical problems
- Knowledge of market and considerable commercial experience
- Experience with surfactants, polymers, lubricants or additives would be highly advantageous
If you are interested or have any questions about this role, feel free to contact Harriet at CY Partners.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
- Agency: CY Partners
- Contact: Harriet Mak
- Phone: 0191 477 4733
- Reference: HMSUTech
- Updated: 23rd September 2019
- Expires: 21st October 2019