Are you an experienced protein biochemist looking for a customer facing opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Technical Support Scientist to cover maternity leave for a leading biotechnology company based in the Renfrewshire area.
As the Technical Support Scientist you will be responsible for helping the company's customers across EMEA within the Protein Biochemistry sector, as well as providing internal support to sales colleagues and other teams across the wider organization. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email, fax or mail.
This role is available for a period of 9 months, in the first instance.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Support Scientist - maternity cover will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide complete customer support on Protein Biochemistry technical issues by utilizing all available resources. Escalate issues or problems when warranted.
2. Record and manages customer complaints on technical and quality issues. Troubleshoot, provide advice or solutions to problems, and arrange credits or replacement products as required. Participate in analysing complaint information to assist in complaint trending, and identification of potential quality issues.
3. Track product related issues and escalates issues when needed.
4. Participate in customer notifications on product quality issues as required.
5. Works with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to build a strong customer database and assist our Sales partners by identifying, recording and escalating opportunities to generate revenue.
6. Develop technological and product expertise within one or more key business areas while staying up to date in all of the company's business areas.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Support Scientist - maternity cover we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Ideally a PhD in Protein Biochemistry / Protein Chemistry (or similar / equivalent), with a strong background in protein assays (antibodies, ELISA Luminex) and protein analysis techniques (expression, western blotting, gel electrophoresis)
2. Ideally, you will be fluent in French, as you may be dealing with French speaking customers. We will also consider strong applications from candidates who are not able to speak French.
3. The successful candidate must also have excellent communication skills and the proven ability to learn large amounts of new and complex technical information. Given the customer facing nature of this position, previous customer service experience is desirable, but not essential.
Key Words: Technical Support | Protein Biochemistry | Protein Chemistry | Customer Facing | French Speaking | Interim | Maternity Cover.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5630847
- Posted: 30th January 2019
- Expires: 27th February 2019