Are you an experienced New Product Development Scientist looking for a new position? I'm currently handling two positions for New Product Development Scientists with a materials manufacturing company at their site based in Hampshire on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client provides organisations with secure products. They are a trusted partner of many businesses and have a long history of providing unique products and solutions. Working closely with their clients, the company provides ongoing services, support and consultancy for the duration of every product's lifespan.
The company is able to offer a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, career prospects and development opportunities. Benefits include a generous pension scheme, 26 days holiday + bank holidays, annual salary review, holiday flex scheme, healthcare scheme, life assurance, employee discounts and various others.
This role is located in Hampshire, commutable from Berkshire and Surrey.
Your main duties will be to:
- Work on security document development projects.
- Lead projects within the Development Team from idea creation through to product launch.
- Follow the company's innovation process.
- Be involved in the development of products for brand authentication, identity and banknotes.
- Have scientific, technical and product expertise in key areas such as; coatings, polymer, either classical or digital printing technologies, production scale up.
- Be involved in various projects where you will be working closely with the customer and able to deliver on development projects within short timescales.
- Involved in customer facing projects and working on new developments in short timescales of circa 6 months.
- International and UK travel will be involved including being involved in factory trials at customer sites.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Innovative with a Chemistry, Physics, Materials science or Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Proven previous industrial experience in bringing technical products to manufacture as well as exposure to large scale production - essential
- Experience with materials such as coatings, adhesives, inks, packaging, etc. would be beneficial
- Previous experience of New Product Development where you have been successful in bringing products to launch readiness.
- Results focused with the drive to work on numerous technical projects with a keen interest in science.
- Experience of being involved in customer facing projects and working on new developments in short timescales of circa 6 months.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44183 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 44183
- Updated: 11th March 2019
- Expires: 8th April 2019