Lana Premadasa at CK Group is recruiting for a Stem Cell Research Assistant to join a company who are human cell culture specialists, providing products to advance research. This role will be based at their site in Cambridgeshire on a permanent basis, and is offered with a salary of £23,000 - £27,000 per annum dependant upon experience.
Our client are human cell culture specialists, who provide highly validated primary cells and iPSC-derived cells from healthy donors and patients of specific disease backgrounds, together with optimised media and growth supplements. They deliver robust and reliable products, which their customers need to advance their research further.
This role is located in beautiful Cambridgeshire, and is easily commutable from Cambridge Train Station.
The main purpose of this role will be to prepare the company's cell products. Responsibilities will include:
- Reprogramming and culture of induced pluripotent stem cells (IPSCs), differentiation, immunocytochemistry and qPCR.
- Assisting with media preparation and QC as required.
- Assisting with our research and development to generate new methodologies and products.
- Once trained, be able to work independently and to the high standard expected.
- Partaking in laboratory maintenance and cleaning as required.
- Assisting with process improvements and troubleshooting to improve efficiency and or save costs.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- BSc/MSc (or equivalent) in a biological science.
- Some post degree laboratory experience.
- Preferably experience with maintaining/differentiating human stem cells, ideally induced pluripotent stem cells.
- Knowledge of cell based assays and immunocytochemistry.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a growing company using pioneering technology to progress research.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44412 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Lana Premadasa
- Phone: 01438 723500
- Reference: 44412
- Posted: 14th January 2019
- Expires: 11th February 2019