A growing CRO are looking for a Microbiologist to join their team. You will be responsible for the daily management, resourcing and planning of a laboratory which undertakes microbiological testing and Operating the laboratory to meet the requirements of ISO/IEC17025:2005 and client specific standard. You must hold a BSc in Biological Sciences or related field and have 2 or more relevant commercial lab experience to apply for this role.
* Delivery of services in accordance with customer and company objectives, ensuring all samples are processed for analysis and technical service reports are issued within turnaround times to meet sales team and customer expectations.
* Providing microbiological laboratory analytical information and services by maintaining/establishing sample testing procedures; developing and implementing analytical testing; evaluating laboratory testing results; consulting with the Chief Scientific Officer; and reporting results according to protocols.
* Supervising operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
* To authorise both draft and finished lab test reports ensuring accurate and timely reports are issued to customers.
* Review methods, procedures, training matrices & risk assessments, amending/introducing any that are non-existent or out of date, to ensure conformance with the relevant standards, internal audits and local regulatory standards.
* Maintaining quality results by participating in the internal and external quality assurance program; consulting with technical manager and sales team; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; making adjustments in policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records.
* Supervising the laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
* Implementing new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress.
* Have understanding and knowledge of H&S procedures such as risk assessments and COSHH
* Be qualified to BSc or equivalent in Biological Sciences / Microbiology or Equivalent.
* Experience in a service industry related to the industrial food, pharmaceutical or food supplement sector.
* Experience of directly communicating with customers and successfully resolving issues/complaints.
* In-depth technical knowledge of microbiological testing activities and standards within the food, pharmaceutical or food supplement sector.
* Good communication skills - both verbal and written.
* Good IT skills including Microsoft applications of Excel, Outlook, Databases and Word
* Higher qualification (MSc / PhD) in relevant Biological Discipline
* Experience of staff supervision
* Experience in a high-throughput contract testing laboratory
This is a great opportunity to join a growing CRO. Apply now.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 5829
- Posted: 14th January 2019
- Expires: 11th February 2019