Job Title: Particle Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 8 month initial contract
Pay Rate: £14.42 an hour
SRG is working with a leading agrochemical company who are seeking a Particle Scientist to join their research team in the discovery of novel solid states in their range of fungicides, herbicides and insecticides.
* Plan and carry out laboratory work to establish the physical properties of compounds
* Use a variety of solid state techniques for crystallising and characterising small organic molecules such as pXRD, LC, GC, Raman microscopy, DSC and TGA
* Prepare relevant sections of technical reports
* Educated to degree level, ideally PhD, in materials science or a relevant chemistry subject
* Good understanding of physical chemistry
* Experience with a range of techniques including pXRD, DSC, TGA, LC, GC and microscopy
* Experience in designing and carrying out experiments with minimal supervision
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including data collection and presentation
Apply online today! For more information on the role contact Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J29710
- Posted: 12th January 2019
- Expires: 9th February 2019