A growing CRO are looking for a Laboratory Technician to join their team. You will carry out instrumental analysis according to written SOP's. Tasks will include sample management, sample preparation, data processing and generation of reports, as well as general laboratory tasks. You must hold a BSc in chemistry or related field and have some experience in a commercial laboratory to apply for this role.
* Operate analytical instrumentation such as HPLC and GC.
* Maintain accurate written and computer records and ensure data integrity within digital and paper systems.
* Perform routine testing in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
* Ensuring laboratory best practice is maintained
* Recording and analysing data
* Presenting results to senior staff
* Ordering and maintaining stock and resources
* To develop and comply with policies, regulations, systems and procedures in all areas including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Quality and work towards achieving best practice and high standards
* To contribute to preparation of reports and returns as required. Ensure required evidence is collected
* 2 years lab technician experience
* Technical Degree
* Experience in one or more of the following techniques; HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS/MS, ICP-MS
* Good understanding of chromatography and/or mass spectrometry
* Good prioritisation and time management skills
* Experience working in a regulated environment
* Good IT skills including Microsoft applications of Excel, Outlook, Databases and Word
* Experience of troubleshooting HPLC, GC and ICP systems
* Experience of UHPLC-MS/MS for trace analysis
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team. Apply now.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 5827
- Posted: 11th January 2019
- Expires: 8th February 2019