Manufacturing Engineer - Mezzovico
Jocelyn Blackham is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to join a company in the Medical Device industry at their site based in Mezzovico on a contract basis, until the end of 2019.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Provide technical support of activities in surface treatment department related to the improvement and development of current and new processes including process cost evaluation, quality and capability alternatives analyses, and process characterization.
- Provides direction for the department in terms of meeting the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
- Provides day-to-day support and direction in the production area of surface
treatment/chemical department (anodizing, electropolish, passivation, solvent cleaning).
- Understands existing processes, setup and machine programs in order to execute tasks associated with process validation (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation) and engineering studies.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Nonconformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Assists in gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required.
- Supports tasks related to new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Collects process documentation, prepares and delivers training on processes, materials, and equipment.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A B.Sc. in Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
- Lean Sigma certification preferred.
- Experience with surface treatment technologies (anodizing, passivation and electropolish) laser etching and related programming software.
- Be fluent in English and Italian.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global medical device company.
Please quote reference QLS44380 in all correspondence.
You MUST be eligible to work in Switzerland. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Jocelyn Blackham
- Phone: 01438 723 500
- Reference: QLS44380
- Posted: 11th January 2019
- Expires: 8th February 2019