Mass Spectrometry Scientist
Competitive salary on offer for suitable experience
Are you an experience Mass Spec scientist with a desire to work in drug discovery? My client have developed a novel small molecule screening approach to observe the interaction of novel compounds with proteins using native mass spectroscopy. As part of the company expansion they are looking for experienced mass spectrometrists familiar with using automated platforms in order to aid in the high throughput development process.
The successful applicant
* You will be PhD qualified in a relevant subject within Life Sciences or Chemistry
* You will have extensive experience of using mass spec to probe biomolecular structure preferably with experience using Orbitrap or QTOF platforms.
* You will be familiar with laboratory automation from this or other disciplines and be familiar with the means to programme automated equipment
* You will be a team player, happy to work within a small team as part of a start-up company
* Based in new laboratories in Oxford you will form part of a growing team developing high throughput screening using novel Mass Spec approaches
* You will optimise conditions for samples and within buffers to obtain reproducible spectra with low variability
* You will keep up to date with literature
* You will have the opportunity to publish your work
To discuss this role further please call Oliver on 0121 7288454 for an informal chat. Alternatively email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J29996
- Updated: 10th January 2019
- Expires: 7th February 2019