We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Technical Scientist to join a growing diagnostics company based in the Glasgow area.
We are looking for an ambitious and driven Chemistry graduate to join the business as Technical Scientist, however there will be opportunities for development and promotion. You will lead your own project work and have ownership over the work conducted.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Services Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Conduct analysis of contaminants and additives in food & feed matrices, using the company's products, to provide technical support to customers.
2. Practical demonstrations of the company's products to the sales force, distributors and customers.
3. Communicate analytical results and findings through verbal communication, report writing and presentations.
4. Produce analytical data suitable for use in promotional materials, for example, posters and application notes
5. Method development and validation of analytical methods
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Bachelors / Masters in a Chemistry related subject eg. Pharmaceutical Analysis, Analytical Chemistry, Pure / Applied Chemistry, Forensics etc.
2. Proven practical and theoretical experience in the extraction of contaminants and additives from complex matrices, using clean-up techniques, for example, immunoaffinity columns and/or solid phase extraction columns. In addition, experience of LC-MS, ELISA, lateral flow would be an advantage.
3. We are looking for an organised and ambitious chemist, who has excellent communication and presentation skills, with an interest in developing a career within the sciences sector.
Key Words: Chemistry | Forensics | Pharmaceutical | Analytical Chemistry | HPLC | chromatography | graduate | MChem
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5630731
- Posted: 10th January 2019
- Expires: 7th February 2019