Oliver Care at CK Science is recruiting for a Team Leader in Sample Preparation to join a busy UKAS accredited laboratory for a company in the chemical industry at their site based in Cambridgeshire on a permanent basis.
Our client is committed to continuously improving every aspect of its business and as part of this, they offer all employees full training and support, along with 5 weeks holiday, a contributory company personal pension scheme, and free life and personal accident cover - Mondays to Fridays.
This role is located near to Cambridge with easy access via excellent road links and good public transport routes.
Your main duties will be:
- Ensuring workloads are processed within the team to meet timescales determined by customers and the business.
- People management responsibility for the team on a day to-day-basis i.e. sickness, annual leave and productivity.
- Sample preparation.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Entering data onto LIMS.
- Solving team problems and making decisions within the team to resolve issues.
- Monitoring and ensuring quality control in compliance with laboratory quality systems.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Educated to degree or HND level within chemistry or related or equivalent experience.
- Team leadership experience in a similar role.
- Sample preparation experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
This is a permanent position offering a salary of up to £20,000.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44391 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Oliver Care
- Phone: 01438 723500
- Reference: 44391
- Posted: 10th January 2019
- Expires: 7th February 2019