Job Title: Laboratory Manager.
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire.
Salary: Highly competitive + Generous Associated Benefits.
SRG are currently working with a leading pharmaceutical organisation based in Runcorn, who are one of the leading suppliers in the UK of generic and speciality medicines to the NHS. They are currently looking for an experienced Laboratory Manager form the Medical Devices/Pharmaceutical sector to join their Sterile Devices Team on a permanent basis.
As the Sterile Devices Team (SDT) Laboratory Manager, you will be responsible for:
* The direct line management of 2 laboratory sub-team leaders and 2 members of the workshop team, as well as the indirect management of 8 laboratory scientists and technicians.
* Managing the provision of laboratory services for characterisation, investigation and verification of medical devices to meet the needs of SDT's device development projects.
* Providing and maintaining suitable cGMP procedures and working practices to ensure the safety, efficiency and quality of the Laboratory and Workshop.
* Management of the Laboratory & Workshop CAPEX and OPEX budgets.
* Minimum of a BSc qualification in a relevant Scientific Discipline, Materials Science, or Engineering.
* Demonstrable experience in laboratory management and/or team evaluation, preferably within the Medical Devices / Pharmaceutical Industry.
* Experience in a physical testing / metrology laboratory (e.g. testing delivered dose volume, tensile/compression/torsion testing, destructive/non-destructive tests, CMM / optical measurements).
* Understanding of medical device and drug/device combination regulatory requirements (including Design Controls and Risk Management) would be advantageous.
If this is of interest, please call Nathan McCarron on 0161 868 2234, or apply direct now!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J30040
- Posted: 10th January 2019
- Expires: 17th January 2019