Analytical Chemist Expert - non-targeted Characterisation
Working during exciting and rejuvenating times for a sector under significant scrutiny, there is ample of opportunity to utilise your expertise within a niche field contributing to product innovation. Our client is an FMCG company boasting access to some of the best analytical machinery available on the market. As a scientist you will gain the chance to work with a department seeking a technical expert that is concentrated on untargeted characterisation.
As a Scientist your role is to act as the lead on LC-MS based untargeted characterisation - working with comparing emissions.
You will provide leadership and conduct method development and research in LC-MS based untargeted characterisation etc.
You will mainly develop and validate LC-MS based workflows for global untargeted characterization and comparisons of product emissions
In addition you will develop mass spectral libraries of product relevant molecules, utilizing accurate mass and fragmentation trees
A more detailed and technical job description is available on application but out client seeks somebody who is
* Educated within Chemistry or physical sciences to Masters, MPhil or PhD level;
* Experienced with UNTARGETED CHARACTERISATION. Those with targeted characterisation experience must display untargeted experience within their CV.
* Relevant technical experience resulting in thorough knowledge and application of best technical practice, analytical method development and validation using complex instrumental analysis techniques (including GC/MS, GC/MS/MS, HPLC/MS, HPLC/MS/MS, ICP/MS);
* Experience operation of Bruker Maxis mass spectrometers. Experience with Genedata expressionist is a BONUS and not a core requirement.
For more information, apply now and call Abid Kanji.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: NonStop Chemical
- Reference: AK/202188/5
- Posted: 9th January 2019
- Expires: 23rd January 2019