Procurement Manager - Chemicals - Strategy
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a career driven Procurement Manager to join a global leader operating in the chemical industry. As a key member of the global Procurement team you will take full responsibility for managing the procurement of the company's raw materials across their EMEAI region, ensuring the uninterrupted and cost-effective supply of materials/goods & services necessary to support the business goals and operations including but not limited to production facilities, contract manufacturing facilities, resale operations, R&D facilities and corporate departments.
You will have line management responsibilities for 3 direct reports as well as being typically responsible for more than$100MM in annual spend with a high level of complexity and critical material, products or services. The role typically comprises 30% tactical and 70% strategic procurement and you will work under very limited direction and guidance. Further key Responsibilities may include the development of strategies and leadership at a Global level within a category of product.
This oppooruntty will allow for continued career growth and development within the organisation and alongside demonstrating excellent business commercial acumen you will also need to show that you have had clear progression and development in your career to date. In return the company offering an excellent work environment and company culture coupled with a excellent benefits package including a final salary pension scheme.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Economics, Math, Chemistry or related field
* Demonstrated strategic planning, negotiation, influencing, and leadership qualities typically acquired through substantial experience in related roles with increasing levels of responsibility
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the procurement function and SAP typically acquired through direct procurement experience
* If you possess experience in the working in the chemical industry this will be advantageous
* If you are a Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or similar certification (e.g. CIPS) this again will be beneficia but not essential.
Salary: £ Competitive + Excellent Benefits including final salary pension scheme and car allowance
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 5492
- Posted: 9th January 2019
- Expires: 6th February 2019