Shift Chemist required, based near Tameside. Requiring a minimum HND in Chemistry, coupled with laboratory experience OR a degree in Chemistry and good analytical skills.
Title: Shift Chemist
Salary: £30,000 per annum (inclusive of shift allowance)
SRG is working with a leading company specialising in the production and analysis of speciality metals and components for use in a range of engineering applications. As a result of market demand, they are now looking to recruit a Shift Chemist to join the existing analytical team. The role would suit a Chemistry graduate with good analytical skills or equally someone with previous analytical experience gained in an industrial environment.
Shift Pattern (rotates every 2 weeks)
* 2 weeks of days (6am-6pm): 2 days on / 2 days off / 3 on / 2 off /2 on / 3 off
* 2 weeks of nights (6pm-6am): 2 nights on / 2 nights off / 3 on / 2 off / 2 on / 3 off
Benefits: A globally leading company offering an initially temporary opportunity to join a fast-paced team, with good potential to transition into a permanent position. 23 days annual holiday allowance inclusive of bank holidays, excellent pension scheme and annual bonus dependent on company performance.
Role / Description
* Following SOPs to prepare and analyse metal samples using XRF, LECO elemental analysis and ICP
* Ensuring samples meet internal and external standards
* Planning workload and analysis schedules with the production department
* Calibrating and maintaining laboratory instrumentation
* Working to and maintaining UKAS ISO 17025 standards
* Raising non-conformances as required
* Flexibility to work 12 hours day and night shifts
* Degree in Chemistry OR experience of chemical or metals analysis in a working laboratory
* Experience of XRF, ICP or any coupled GC analysis would be considered advantageous
* Able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
* Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical and numerical skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a Chemistry graduate or experienced analyst to join a fast-paced team in a thriving industry
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, quality, QC, QMS, analysis, testing, metals, alloys, inorganic, elemental analysis, LECO, ICP, XRF, GC, shift,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J30020
- Posted: 9th January 2019
- Expires: 6th February 2019