Emily Mills is currently recruiting for a Laser Technician to join a Finest Laser Eye Surgery at their site in London on a full time permanent basis with a salary of up to £27,000 per annum.
Our client is on top of its expertise at providing Personalised Laser Eye Surgery to world-class standards. The eye clinic has some of the world's best laser eye surgeons equipped with the most advanced laser technology.
Your main duties will be:
- Working closely with the surgeons to plan and program treatments.
- Carrying out double check protocols in the operating room.
- Performing preventative maintenance and repairs on the MEL90 excimer laser.
- Analysing digital ultrasound scans, monitoring of the quality of data entry into the database, data collection for clinical research projects, editing of videos for presentations.
- Assisting the Research Team with writing papers for conferences and publications in journals.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshoot IT problems and assist the Technology Manager in the maintaining the smooth running of all equipment, whether diagnostic, IT or surgical.
- Programming treatments, analysing digital ultrasound scans, and assisting the Technology Manager in maintaining smooth running clinic systems.
**The role would start Monday to Friday then progress to every Saturday with a day off in the week**
The job requires:
- The ability to deal with high stress environments in a pro-active manner.
- Impeccable attention to detail especially when working with numbers.
- The ability to spot and correct mistakes.
- The ability to differentiate between important and urgent tasks, and prioritise and complete multiple tasks.
- Excellent time management.
- The need to demonstrate flexibility, including duties, hours of work, breaks, working conditions, working with team members, protocols and procedures, updates in knowledge etc.
- An openness to change, growth, and take on greater levels of responsibility and performance.
- Ability to learn and use processes and protocols effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to cope with a steep learning curve.
- A self-starter, capable of working within a team with minimal supervision.
- Clerical and administrative experience using computers.
- A practical understanding of the use of software (including the MS Office package), email and Internet.
- Skilled and confident in the use of Microsoft Windows to an administrative standard (some network/server experience would be beneficial).
- Confidence in handling large amounts of numerical data with both speed and accuracy.
- Excellent attention to detail including spotting mistakes in high pressure environments.
On top of a competitive salary, the company is offering other benefits including 28 days holiday, private health insurance, private dental care and occupational pension scheme.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC44362 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Emily Mills
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: TC44362
- Posted: 9th January 2019
- Expires: 6th February 2019